Sunday, July 14, 2019

Brighton and King George IV




Brighton is where I and a group of students went for a weekend trip. After taking a while to get from London I and a group of girls went to an American Diner. The food was not the best but I loved the atmosphere, Elvis paraphernalia and Tom and Jerry on the TV. After leaving we met up with the rest of the group to go tour the Brighton Palace or the Royal Pavilion.

Royal Pavilion: No personal pictures of inside, unfortunately. This palace was built as a beach palace for King George IV. After death, King William IV took over with his wife until he died leaving Queen Victoria in charge. She was not a fan of the palace so she sold it to the city of Brighton.

The most amazing thing about the palace was that it served as a hospital during WWI.

A WOW moment, we got to see the bed that King George died in.

After leaving the palace I went to the pier which had an amusement park as well as arcades. While there, I rode a couple of rides and twisted my ankle. YAY!!!



For Further Information on Royal Pavilion: https://brightonmuseums.org.uk/royalpavilion/

No comments:

Post a Comment