Sunday, July 14, 2019

Shakespeare and Stratford-Upon-Avon

WOW, Where to begin...

The ride on the way to Stratford-Upon-Avon was amazing and gorgeous. LOVED IT!!! Rolling hills and green everywhere.

Once we got there myself, Dr. Welsh and Ashley went a got us some hot chocolate. DELICIOUS!! Then we headed to the library. The library was beautifully designed except for one thing.

NO TOILET

After looking around for the bathroom a staff member informed me that they did not have public restrooms. SHOCKING!

I left the library and decided to head to a restaurant where I met up with some classmates, ate and used the bathroom there.

A WOW moment, I was informed that in the town people have to pay to use restrooms unless they go to a place and order food.

After leaving the restaurant I went to a Harry Potter store beautifully named "Alohamora". That is a spell used to unlock doors. The store was amazing I bought 2 notebooks and a blanket. Next, I went to the eternal Christmas store which played Christmas music and sold ornaments.

Although I did not go into Shakespeare's house from the outside it was quite beautiful and you could see the reenactors from the window. The garden was also beautiful and led to the gift shop.

After roaming around for a while it was time to go meet up with the class and go watch the Royal Shakespearean Troupe perform "As you like it". I was not really interested but it was intriguing and beautiful to watch when I understood what was going on.

Ending Thoughts: If I ever decided to live in England that would be a place that I would pick. It is very beautiful and small and just right for me.


Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sc4D3MCFD7WEUe4e7

https://www.shakespeare.org.uk/visit/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAt_PuBRDcARIsAMNlBdp-ws283esqDu3JnynIxqM5bJvy1ORMT37qpf6IZrv6rT7ZSMw050oaAvFlEALw_wcB

No comments:

Post a Comment