Sunday, July 14, 2019

Edinburgh Castle and Harry Potter


I do not have a lot to say about the Edinburgh Castle except for that it was a military castle and is huge. They have a cemetery for the dogs that died in the battles. 
The campus that we stayed at while in Edinburgh was a short walk from the hill that hosted the legend of the "Sword in the Stone". Some of the students did the walk I did not because we walked a great distance upstairs to get to the bus to go to the campus. I am glad I did not go because it started to rain while they were making the hike.  
But the day that we went to see the castle I got to have a Harry Potter adventure. The great JK Rowling lives in Edinburgh and wrote the books in a little cafe called the "Elephant House". I went and ate there and got a T-shirt that says, "Elephant House: Birthplace of Harry Potter". 





Around the corner was the famed street which "Diagon Alley" derived from. The Harry Potter store there was amazing. The store was designed to look like "Flourish and Blotts" from the series. Other shops on the street also had spooky themes to them.

I made multiple plans to do things in Edinburgh such as go to the Loch Ness lake, go to the zoo, and do a haunted underground tour. But, I got sick and could barely move.

A LOL moment I guess. On the way back to the campus the girl that was with me got on the wrong bus and had to go back to where we picked up and start all over again. It was ok though I had my music.

Ending Thoughts: All in All it would have been better if I had not gotten sick. Would love to have been able to explore more. But I can always go back one day.

https://www.edinburghcastle.scot/

No comments:

Post a Comment